Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 18

In case you missed yesterday's blog (and I highly recommend you go back and check it out!) I am posting bits and snippets from my book Monday Memo, due to come out soon.  Enjoy!


November  18   
Dear Staff, 
In Deirdre and Grant’s class, Abby and Sean were talking about the day they were born.  The conversation went something like this:
Abby:  I was born on a Tuesday from my mom.
Sean:  I was born on a Tuesday, too!
Abby: Oh, well, I was born on a Tuesday at the ‘Hopsital’.
Sean:  I was there too.
Abby:  No you weren’t. I don’t remember you there.

I love these conversations!  We learn so much about children when we take the time to listen.  In this case, we are being reminded that, yes,  young children are very concrete, but also that they are always looking for connections.  How do we connect?  We were both born on a Tuesday.  Really?  Prove it...

It never ceases to amaze me that these guys say it the way they see it.  I wish we could do that…


No comments: